Running Banjo - Observations in Columns and Variables in Row

Bayesian Network Inference with Java Objects (Banjo)

Running Banjo - Observations in Columns and Variables in Row

Postby mprec001 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:57 pm

The older version of Banjo requires a single format for data Each row must contain the observation, and variables must be in columns.

Banjo 2 supports observations in columns and variables in rows, by specifying "yes" on the setting.txt file in the variablesAreInRows section.
mprec001

Re: Running Banjo - Observations in Columns and Variables in

Postby cwyoo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:44 pm

mprec001 wrote:The older version of Banjo requires a single format for data Each row must contain the observation, and variables must be in columns.

Banjo 2 supports observations in columns and variables in rows, by specifying "yes" on the setting.txt file in the variablesAreInRows section.

Does setting variableNames to “inFile” works when variablesAreInRows set to "yes"?
cwyoo
Site Admin

Postby mprec001 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:25 pm

cwyoo wrote:
mprec001 wrote:The older version of Banjo requires a single format for data Each row must contain the observation, and variables must be in columns.

Does setting variableNames to “inFile” works when variablesAreInRows set to "yes"?

The setting "inFile" appears to be specific to variables that are in columns. I do not think it would work if data were formatted in that way.
mprec001

Postby jramo033 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:47 pm

I have tried to run Banjo with 800 variables but when I convert my excel file into a text file using the Text (Tab delimeted)(*.txt) option, the variable titles and the values that are in a single row, in the original data, appear in different rows. It looks like my excel file surpasses the number of columns allowed in the text file. When I take the new text file and transfer it to the server using WinSCP, things get worse, adding to the previous problem some blank spaces in the first column. Because of these blank spaces, when I run Banjo I got the message "Need to have the same number of colums in all rows".
Does any one have encounter this restriction with the number of columns? If so, maybe should I switch to put variables in Rows?
Thank you,

Jairo Ramos
jramo033

Postby jramo033 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:33 am

I run Banjo with the variables in Rows and the variable names "infile" option worked very well. I left the variables in the first column and the system recognized them.
jramo033

Return to Banjo